We offer comprehensive services at Cognition, from concept initiation to release of production drawing within mechanical design. Our design process is iterative in nature and validates design requirements at every stage of the life cycle.
Our design cycle comprises:
- Concept design: feasibility study, design specification, pre-product development, volume envelope,manufacturability analysis and concept evaluation
- Concept selection: iterative studies to finalize the concept, high-level calculations, design constraints formulation and concept finalization through Pugh analysis
- Preliminary design: material selection, subsystem design, top-level BoM, positioning and constraints, overall dimensional analysis and design layouts
- Detailed design: detailed design of modules, assemblies, parts, detailed BoM, DFX techniques, geometric dimensioning and tolerances, tolerance stack-ups and design optimization
- Strong competencies in engineering fundamentals and hand calculations to design mechanical components ranging from small gears in a screwdriver to large structures in mining equipment
- Highly skilled mechanical engineers with knowledge of DFM, DFA, DFR and DFMEA techniques and manufacturing processes including casting, forging, sheet metal, composites, etc.
- Rich industry experience to recommend alternate materials and manufacturing processes